Sunday, December 11, 2011

Listen to the sound...

Listen to it. Do you hear it?

 It's like snow falling on snow. Or a baby sleeping. Or the sound the sun makes as it slips up over the horizon in the morning. 

Sometimes Sunday evenings, for me, feel restless. Anxious. I think I feel like I need to be doing something, anything to fill the hours. Tonight I felt that way. 

Then my parents stopped in and gave us their Christmas card which made all of us smile for one reason or another. I love their enthusiasm for life. Thanks Mom and Dad! As we visited, they offered to take the kids to gym night with the youth group. They told us to go to sleep. 

Leonard was up all night working in the mine. I was up late watching a movie with Heather. Either way, we were tired. 

So, they all left. And the house was quiet. Completely. Not even my normal music playing. My spirit calmed and I felt peace begin to take over. And instead of fighting it, I allowed it to take over. We slept together, on the couch, with the Christmas lights glowing around us. 

Do you hear it now? The silence. The breath of peaceful rest. 

"...I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint" At this I awoke and looked around. My sleep had been pleasant to me.    Jeremiah 25-26 

No comments:

Post a Comment