Wednesday, December 14, 2011

So, you NEVER get sick?

About 2 days ago, me and a few of my kids were taking about how so many "bugs" are going around right now. The nurse in me is emphasizing the washing of hands to keep the germs away. Amy proclaimed loudly, "I NEVER get sick!"

I warned her not to say that. Adrienne told me not to be superstitious. I said that I didn't think I was, but that Amy still shouldn't say that. It was like being prideful and "pride goes before a fall." So what does Amy do then? She says it again!

Last night, on our way home from shopping, my cell phone rings. Heather was calling to tell me that Amy was sick and could I bring home some soda for her.

"I NEVER get sick!"

So, instead of baking cookies with my mom and sister Valerie today, I am taking care of Amy. I never like when my family is sick and I just want to help them feel better. She is camped out on the couch, with tea, tissues, and cough drops. Her temperature is 101.5F and it's time for more Tylenol.

I asked her this morning how she would feel if I left for the day since she is turning 15 on Saturday and could probably take care of herself. She did not like that idea. She said that when any of us (meaning her or her siblings) are sick, it is comforting to have me here. So, I am here where I want to be, being her mom.

Feel better soon Amos!

PS. The search for red shoes came up empty...so far.. I mean, really, do they really think I can stand, let alone walk, in 6 inch heels?

3 comments: