Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree!

Last night we picked out our Christmas tree. As we looked, I considered what makes a "perfect" tree. Tall or short? Fat or skinny?  What kind of branches and needles does it have? What was my idea of perfect? Obviously, it wasn't the same as Aaron's, Adrienne's, Amy, Heather or Ryan's idea of perfection.  Why don't we pick the short, fat one? Or the decorative "Weeping Pine Tree"? They each had one that was, in their mind, the Christmas Tree Extrodinaire.
Aaron getting ready to hug the Weeping Pine
Amy picking out her perfect tree

amy and me

Leonard loading the newest member of the family on the truck.

Ryan, deciding what we should name the tree (the last one was Dennis)

Adrienne and Heather supervising the whole affair. 

We did end up with a tree that was kinda all agreed on. Actually, it was the one I was holding up at the moment of final decision and I think they all thought that they should go with that one because "mom's mind is already made up." Hmmmpf, I could've been flexible.  Probably. : )

2 comments: