Friday, December 16, 2011

"Not Far Apart"


This song means a lot to me. I had it playing in my car the morning I got the news about Luke. It had just finished playing and Luke's mom called me.

Today would've been Luke's 3rd birthday. Last year, Dec.22, Jesus scooped him up and took him to Heaven. Today, I miss Luke's smile, his pleasant personality even when disease and sickness made life not so nice. I miss his silliness when he was playful. I miss watching Disney channel and Nick Jr at 4:00 in the morning. I miss him.

Today, say a prayer for his mommy and daddy, his big sister and little brother. Christmas is not always easy.

Say a prayer for others, who this Christmas season, are missing family and friends.


"I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow." 
Jeremiah 31:13

And while these words may not make you dance around the room with joy, I pray they give you the courage to continue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment