Saturday, December 10, 2011

Start the day with God....and a pumpkin spice latte

I am sitting in the kitchen, looking out the window towards the barn, pumpkin spice latte in hand. I see the outline of a cross on the barn door and I am thankful Amy and I took the time to put it there last evening. The sun is shining; it is a beautiful morning. I am wondering how the day will unfold and I am thankful I can start my day with God.

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." Psalm 143:8 NIV


"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:25 NIV


I hope that I can say that, and believe that, even when my day isn't beautiful. That I can stand strong even when all around me is crashing down.

The day is unfolding. Each minute is new, never lived before, and never to be lived again after it has passed. My prayer is that I will make those minutes matter.

My prayer for you is that you will be blessed today, wherever you are, whatever you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment