Monday, December 26, 2011

"May I have this dance?"

I have the sweetest husband ever!

No, really, I do.

Something I have wanted to learn to do (for a very long time) is learn to ballroom dance. Not the "shake your booty kind of dancing along with all the other parts that shake" dancing, but elegant, classy dancing. Like Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.
Like Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara.
Like George and Mary in "It's A Wonderful Life" (I know, that was The Charleston, but it sure looked fun!)
Like Leonard and Dianne next Spring after some Ballroom Dancing Classes.

Oh yes, you read that correctly; your eyes did not deceive you.
For my Christmas gift, Leonard signed us up for lessons at The Balanced Body Studio and Wellness Center. ( http://balancedbodystudio.com/) It is WAY out of his comfort zone and certainly has never been on his list of life goals.

But he knows it is on mine. He gave me a gift, but not just a gift. It was a sacrifice on his part to give up time and probably some pride to do this with me.

He said I am not to embarrass him by writing about this. So, shhhh....
My intent is not to embarrass him, but to tell the world how much I love the man I am married to.

And next Christmas, we can dance under the mistletoe.

1 comment:

  1. Diane your smile says it all........congrats on Lenard for makin your year

    ReplyDelete