Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Simple and Sweet

Did you know that Hershey Kisses will get hard and crumbly, instead of soft and melty, when left in the oven for too long? I didn't know before but I do now.

I was making a gift for Ryan's school teacher. It was supposed to be easy and fast. I had made the same thing last year and thought I didn't need to read the recipe.

WRONG!

Something as simple as a few minutes made all the difference between success and failure.

A few minutes a day, spent in prayer and reading my Bible, can make all the difference between success and failure too. When I take the time, even if I don't have a "good" day, I can still have peace.

So, as I play Mannheim Streamroller (A Fresh Aire Christmas), I make another batch of Chocolate Pretzel Rings. And this with a good attitude, even though I just threw away 1 1/2 bags of overcooked Hershey Kisses.





Chocolate Pretzel Rings (Taste of Home Quick Cooking 2010)
50 pretzel rings or mini pretzels ( I like the waffle-shaped ones)
50 Hershey Kisses (can use plain chocolate ones or the striped ones; whatever you like!)
M&M's (I also used the M&M peanut butter ones)

Place pretzels on greased baking sheets; place a kiss in the center of each ring. Bake at 275 for 2-3 minutes or until chocolate is softened. Remove from oven. Place an M&M candy on each, pressing down slightly so chocolate fills the ring. Refridgerate 5-10 min. or until chocolate is firm. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Yield: about 4 dozen
 Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment