Friday, December 30, 2011

Sleep is Sweet...but so is my cappuccino

I came home from work this morning and just sat in my car. Sometimes I am just so tired and when the sun is shining, making my car warm, I just want to sit there like a cat and soak it in.

And then my family sees me in my car...
                               sleeping....
                               with my mouth open....
                               drooling...
Not glamorous by any stretch of the imagination. At least I wasn't purring.

Our bodies are designed to need rest, but somehow I think that my body should not need as much as everybody else. I would like to think I can survive, even while going 24 hours or more without sleep.

Besides isn't that why coffee was invented?

What do you mean it wasn't?!?!

I can tell I need to sleep. Everything is either ridiculously funny or extremely annoying. I find myself staring at nothing for long periods and can't remember at all what I was thinking about. I am writing this blog and have to keep changing my spelling cause my fingers are either 2 letters ahead or 1 behind.

I found a coffee recipe that sounds heavenly and thought I'd share it with you. Maybe I'll think about making some later when I wake up. Just in time to go back to bed for the night.

Gotta love working night shift!

Enjoy!

Chocolate Cappuccino

    For sweet stirrers, prop in peppermint sticks. This homemade treat is far less expensive than in a coffee shop.
    Total Time: 10 mins
    Servings: Makes 8 servings.
    SEE MORE BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS RECIPES
    Ingredients
    • 1/2 cup  whipping cream
    • 3 tablespoons  powdered sugar
    • 1/2 cup  finely chopped semisweet chocolate or finely chopped milk chocolate
    • 1/2 cup  crushed striped round peppermint candies

      8 cups  hot espresso or very strong coffee  

      Chocolate curls

      Directions

      1
      Beat the whipping cream and powdered sugar with an electric mixer on low speed until soft peaks form; set aside.

      2
      Spoon 1 tablespoon each chopped chocolate and peppermint candies into a coffee cup. Add hot espresso. Top with the whipped cream and chocolate curls. Serve at once. Makes 8 servings.

      Nutrition Facts
      Calories 221, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 27 mg, Sodium 88 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 5 g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 11%, Vitamin C 3%, Calcium 20%, Iron 1%.
      Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet











No comments:

Post a Comment