Thursday, August 22, 2013

Lovin' The Pumpkin

Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, and cranberries are on the menu. For dessert? Pumpkin pie.


But wait, I don't like pumpkin pie; at least I didn't when I was a kid. The best part about pumpkin pie? The crust, of course. I would scrape off the whipped cream and set it to the side. Then I'd eat the pumpkin filling, only because if I didn't I would never have been given a piece of pie to begin with. Then I would put the whipped cream back onto the now empty crust and truly enjoy the rest of my dessert.

So why oh why am I so hungry for pumpkin lately? (No, I am not pregnant before that thought even enters your head.) I think it is a mindset, a conditioning of my thoughts. The leaves are being subtle about it, but they are changing. The air is cooler at night. The crickets are chirping in their hiding places. The monarch caterpillars are munching the milkweed. The goldenrod is becoming golden. My burning bush is beginning to look aflame. Therefore, pumpkin comes to mind.

I am drinking pumpkin spice cappuccino. I am smelling pumpkin scented candles. I am looking up pumpkin spice cakes, cupcakes, cookies, creamers…oh, can you hear me sigh?

Pumpkin.

My new love.

So glad you're here.




 Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment