Friday, August 30, 2013

I'll Take a Large, Caffeinated Coffee

I. Need. A. Cup. Of. Coffee.

Make it a large.

No decaf.

I usually sleep pretty good after night shift.

Not today though.

Too much to do, too little time.

Sigh.

Now it is time to get my head back into the nightshift mode. I am reclining on the couch, giving Ryan a list of what to pack for the weekend at my sister's. The girls need picked up at 5:15 from volleyball practice and I need to be ready before that so that once I drop them off back at the house, I can leave for work.

We have a bridal shower on Sunday (ExCiTeD!!) for Aaron and Lisa-Anna, so my head, even though sleepy, is full of thoughts, ideas, and plans. Not exactly sleep-inducing.

The house looks like it's normal, very lived-in state of chaos and I chose to sleep on the couch. Not exactly sleep-inducing.

I am already thinking about next week and my schedule. Shakespeare's vet appointment. Amy's orthodonist appointment. And there is something else, I know there is; I just can't think of it. Not exactly sleep-inducing.

Now it is 4:46. I have 30 minutes to pack my dinner and breakfast, get dressed, pick up the girls, rally Ryan for what he needs to get done, and ignore the rest of what I can't get done. Not exactly sleep-inducing.

Oh, but wait, I am supposed to be awake now. I need something that is awake-inducing.

I. Need. A. Cup. Of. Coffee.

Make it a large, with caffeine please. And make it to-go.

Gotta love a good cup of coffee. Mm-mm-good.

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment