Monday, August 12, 2013

Favorite Things Today

A Few of My Favorite Things on August 12, 2013

Raindrops on Roses (if I had any blooming)



Downpours and downspouts 
that keep my blossoms from drooping

Two lovely daughters that help with the beans…..
These are a few of my favorite things.


Lots of fresh produce
from my own garden,
green beans 
and squashes 
and lovely bell peppers,

Don't forget the cucumbers
climbing on vines…
these are a few of my favorite things. 

My first gladiola
pink as can be.
Words aren't really necessary 
as you can see. 
This is one of my favorite things. 



Then there's the zinnias,
all so very snappy
making me smile 
and feeling so happy.


And last but not least
are my $2 bottles,
bought at a rainy day auction.
Lined up in rows 
on my kitchen windowsill,
awaiting a project or two or three. 


And these are a few of my favorite things….
to keep my mind in a happy frame of thought 
as I go off to work….

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment