Friday, August 9, 2013

Shakespeare and The Vet

I begged, I pleaded,
"To the vet I must go!
Vaccinations are needed
and a stool sample: Oh no!"

The sky has been cloudy,
the rain has been falling,
my coat is all muddy
despite the towel rubbing.

My lady showed distress as I went in her car,
jumping and bouncing (me, not her).
She called me "stubborn"
and I aimed to prove right,
stamping and pawing
as I gave quite a fight. 

(However as you can see, I Shakespeare, would appear to be quite docile.
I like that word. Docile. 
Describes me perfectly I'd say, but the other words rhymed better. 
Or so my ladyship said.)

My lady says "looks are deceiving"; 
I say "pictures don't lie". 


 (Dianne here, Shakespeare's Editor-in-Chief. 
He was quite energetic in the car, which is putting it mildly.
That's why I took both Heather and Ryan along. Shakespeare thinks he can drive and becomes quite problematic is he enters the front seat. 
Okay Shakespeare, carry on, but remember I am watching you.)

At the vet, I was entranced by the others I met,
a beagle, a terrier, and even the vet.
A German Shepherd was the king of them all
and I met them all calmly with a wag of my tail. 
I needed a few reminders of 
"Just let it be."
but my ladyship was just so proud of me.

I was all smiles as I waited a while
I did not know what was next on the docket
How was I to know what the vet had in her pocket?

Nay, not a cat treat,
thought that would have sufficed.
Nay, twas a shot,
not just once, but twice. 

 I got weighed,
I got measured.
My vitals were stable
as I stood on the table.

(By the way, do you know where they take a temperature from?!)


Soon I was done and with  praise and some pats,
came a handful of biscuit
and a scratch of my back.

Home again,
home again
and oh, what a day!
I think I'll take a wee rest 
and ponder it all
for I heard of a rumor that involved not a groomer, 
but a return visit in three to four weeks hence
which involves being "fixed"
I wish I knew what it meant. 




Love to all,
Shakespeare the "Bard"er Collie

And Dianne, Editor-in-Chief


No comments:

Post a Comment