Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Favorite Psalm

After watching Shakespeare out the window, through the rain today, I decided he was as stir-crazy as I was and decided to take him on a dusky walk. After sliding through the mud and getting him on the leash, he was more than ready to run at full throttle. I learned a few things on this walk aka wild run.

1) Although it is pleasant to walk in the cool of the day, you really can't see as well. Don't let the pictures fool you. Editing allows light to come in. 

2) Shakespeare is not good at being a seeing-eye dog. Although he kept me on the driveway, he did not keep me out of the numerous mud puddles. Or in some cases, mud streams.

3) Canvas sneakers are not a good shoe to wear to keep your feet dry. I thought of rain boots after the fact.

4) The sky is beautiful after the rain, especially when it hints of sunshine and warmth.

5) As the sky gets darker, I can see even less where I am going. This whole walk makes me think of life as in: 
     ~When I take off at a crazy pace, running about in a frantic panic, I get nothing accomplished. Shakespeare tries very hard to run and his legs are churning, but as I am holding him back, he looks pretty silly. I have days like that, and I am sure I look silly too. 
     ~When I don't look where I am going or have no idea where life is taking me, I often step right into a big mess. Just like a mud puddle, problems are in my path because that's life. Some of them I can avoid or I can prepare for; others I just have to slog through. 
     ~It helps if I can see where I am going. I need light to navigate the puddles. 
     ~Where does my light come from? 
Psalms 27:1-6
The Lord is my light and my salvation;

Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh,
My enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell.
Though an army may encamp against me,
My heart shall not fear;
Though war may rise against me,
In this I will be confident.

One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple.
For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion;
In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me;
He shall set me high upon a rock.
And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me;
Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.


Love,
Dianne

P.S. Shakespeare and I made it back to the house in one piece, a rather muddy piece, but together. He's sleeping and I should be. G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment