Saturday, August 17, 2013

Stuffed Banana Peppers…oh yeah

I thought I wasn't hungry.

I spent today canning pickles, weeding the garden, running around gathering herbs from both garden and store. My kitchen was scented with fresh dill (Thank You Felicia!) and vinegar brine.
But, I had a nagging headache most of the day and I just wasn't hungry.

Then I started making stuffed peppers using banana peppers (even if they were still a little on the smaller side) and a few green bell peppers supplied by the garden. I searched Pinterest until I found a recipe that looked easy, appealing and one I could use to put the extras into the freezer.

There may not be any extras to freeze.

These Stuffed Banana Peppers are quite tasty and after eating four of them, I decided that maybe I had been hungry. A little. But now, not at all. I am feeling quite satisfied.





Here's where I got the recipe in case you were wondering:

 http://www.grit.com/food/recipe-for-stuffed-banana-peppers.aspx

We added mozzarella, cheddar, feta and Parmesan cheeses. Oh yeaaaaaahhhh.
There is nothing like using ingredients from your own garden.
Tomatoes and peppers, mmm-mmm good.

Love,
Dianne




No comments:

Post a Comment