Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Thankful for Hammocks

Can I just say that climbing into a hammock is a bit challenging?

And can I further say that climbing into a hammock while balancing one book, one laptop, one cellphone, a blanket and a pillow, and a cup of coffee is more than a bit challenging?

But I did it with only spilling a little bit of my coffee and all in the name of relaxation after night shift. Many times I just come home, sometimes I sleep, but usually I don't take much time for rest. Instead I jump right into the dishes, the laundry, the stuff that makes a house function. Then about 3:00, I begin to crump, to slump, to be a grump.

But not today. Today I made a choice to rest. To sleep when I needed it. To read instead of dust. To swing instead of sweep.

I heard a program the other night on the radio talking about the importance of sleep, something of which I get too little of on a regular basis. Important for my health, vital for my sanity, imperative for my spirit.


It takes effort sometimes for me; I feel like I am wasting a day off by sleeping it away.

Tonight though, instead of crumping, slumping, grumping...
... I am chipper, skipper (I did go for a walk), and hipper (but only because it rhymes).


Love,
Dianne (still grinning at 10:30pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment