Saturday, August 17, 2013

Crossing the Road

Why did the chicken(s) cross the road? 
You want to know, you know you do.

I wish I knew. I really do, but they won't tell. 
Actually I was just glad they kept their distance. 
The big guy likes to give chase to unsuspecting pedestrians.
He has a very large personal space and always thinks we are in it. 

So, giving Mr. Rooster a wide berth,
Adrienne and I went out the lane. 
We knew why we were crossing the road. 
"Why?" you ask.
To get to Whispering Pines of course. 

I used to have a hardware store at the end of my lane. 
Tempting for Leo perhaps, but not so much for me although it did come in quite handy on occasion.
Okay, many occasions. 

But then, it was gone and Whispering Pines moved in. 
You could say that my decorating style is W.P. 
You could say that maybe, just maybe, if I let it grow, I could have an obsession. 

Crossing the road, we went shopping for wedding gifts. 
See how convenient. 
See how much I saved on gas.
See how I got my exercise in while doing something productive.

Then we walked to the Crossroads and back home again,
Jiggity-jig.
Don't these trees remind you of "The Sound of Music"?
When the children are in the trees,while wearing curtains? 
It's what I always think of. 

We crossed the road again and went down the lane.
The chickens never did cross the road. 
Go figure. 

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment