Friday, March 23, 2012

A Sigh of Contentment

Tonight I am content. I don't end every day feeling so peaceful with myself and my life, but tonight I am.

Today was not really much different than any other day. I got off work, went to my car, drove to Wal-Mart to get brownie ingredients, fell asleep in my car (before even getting ingredients) for about two hours, then went to Goodwill to look for spoons for a project. At Goodwill, I scored on the spoons, found a chair with potential, and found two plates to add to my Currier & Ives Dish Collection. I love treasure hunting.

















I left Goodwill, drove home (without being too sleepy which is always a plus in my book), and was met by Leo (another bonus to my day). He was home today being a farmer, plowing some fields, and it was nice to hear the old tractor again.

I changed my clothes and went out into the glorious day to one of my gardens. I tackled a portion of the herb garden and decided that I should maybe just grow weeds because I am apparently quite proficient at it. After all, herbs probably started out as weeds in somebody's garden during the Middle Ages. I am just continuing a time honored tradition by allowing the weeds, ahem, herbs take over.

I am convinced that digging in the dirt is good for the soul.

Amy, Heather and Ryan came home from school, Adrienne and Aaron came home from work, and we prepared supper together, and did the dishes. Supper was spent in talking and a lot of laughter. They told me I am not allowed to blog about what exactly we were laughing at; let's just say it was funny. Very funny.

After a long shower, I am settling in for the night.
At peace.
At rest.
Content.
Sigh.

Love,
Dianne

2 comments:

  1. What a good feeling it is!
    On one of the DIY-type shows, they had a chair very similar to the one you have pictured.They spray painted the chair white & recovered the back & seat. I think they may have omitted the "tufting" (I'm not sure that's the word I want! =). It was really nice when it was finished! I love that you are collecting Currier & Ives. Praying that your rest is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have many good memories of eating of Grandpa and Grandma's plates, especially breakfast after the milking was done. I did get some plates at the auction, but I am always looking for more. The chair is really quite comfortable; not sure what I am going to do with it yet, but something!
    I hope your night is restful as well.
    Love, Dianne

    ReplyDelete