Thursday, March 29, 2012

Love is More Than a Rice Krispy Treat

I am turning into quite the domestic diva. Yesterday, it was bread. Today it is Peanut Butter Pie.
My birthday men celebrate their days March 28th and March 30th. I work all weekend, so tonight is the night to celebrate Aaron's 19th milestone. His request was PB pie and something seafood related.

Not mixed together of course, but definitely in that order.

I even made homemade pie crust, which could've been awesome, if I would have only just set the timer on the oven. It may have gotten a little over-done. Maybe "domestic diva" isn't quite right; I think it's more like "doom-estic diva".

The pies are in the fridge just chillin' now, cause that's what pies do best. I need to run to the store to get some whipped cream and ingredients for the seafood scampi.

I'm off...

 ..and I'm back. Success at Food Lion! Supper is cooking and the family is gathering home for the evening.

The seafood pasta dish is scrumptious and goes well with the tossed salad and bread.

Now that was some serious eating. 

But, we weren't done yet...


 As per Aaron's request...Peanut Butter Pie. I figured he deserved it seeing as how one year, a few years ago, I made him a cake...kinda.

I was probably crazy busy with the final semester of nursing school and when his birthday rolled around, he got the most awesomest, wonderful, tasty...

Rice Krispy Treat

At the time, I didn't notice his crestfallen face, or the slump in his shoulders, but last year, the truth came out. Aaron will always have that memory of getting a pan of Rice Krispy Treats for his "birthday cake" because I was busy. He says that now he understands, but at the time, it just seemed weird and wrong. Now, we joke around about it, and laugh, but for me, it was an eye opener. 

I do tend to get too busy with life, and with work and sometimes I let my family slip to the back burner. Sometimes it takes an effort to keep them as top priority (or at least near the top) on my "to-do list", but today's priority was peanut butter pie. Cause I love Aaron way more than a rice krispy treat could say. 

Love,
Dianne


No comments:

Post a Comment