Saturday, March 3, 2012

Mrs O'Maust

I am listening to the new Celtic Thunder CD Voyage as I write this.


Makes me wish me name was Mrs O'Maust. Or how about Dianne McMaust? 
There is just something about Celtic music that captures my imagination and then lets it soar. I know it drives my kids crazy sometimes, but when I am grumpy, listening to Celtic Thunder music always eventually cheers me up.


Now you have to look at the post right after this one for a song/video

"Atmos, Druids, Deus Meus & Dulaman"



See what I mean?

I stumbled on them as a group a few years ago and I just really like their blend of Irish/Scottish/Celtic/Folk/Pop music. Some of it is fun and some is serious. Many songs are traditional and my favorites are the ones that tell a story. All of it cheers me up and inspires me to dance a jig or two.

And not just Celtic Thunder, but lots of other groups too. I really like to put music on when I am gardening and I can hear whistles, pipes and drums from wherever I am working. The kids think it is a little embarrassing to have music playing so loudly outside.

Now that's a twist...kids who think the parent is playing music too loud...

Sometimes I do put in my earphones and play it on my little Sony MP3 thing, but that kinda ruins the effect of music lilting throughout the foxglove, delphiniums and phlox. Not to mention the fact that I have to sing out loud along with it and since no one else hears the music but me...

Let's just say that I don't think I will be touring with Celtic Woman anytime soon.

The other problem with playing it so only I can hear it, is that sometimes, along with the singing that I attempt, I may dance a wee bit too. Now just imagine if you will a woman dancing in her garden...and you hear no music. I may just look a little...odd...weird...bizarre...unusual...

You get the picture. I sure hope none of the neighbors get out their binoculars.

But then, I stop and wonder, why do I care? If I want to sing louder than the birds, and dance through the daffodils, delphiniums, and dandelions, then why not?

That's how Celtic music makes me feel...
            Free-spirited...
                    Energetic...
                            Alive...
                                   Happy...
                                         and Peaceful.


Especially when I am in me garden.

Hey, did you just see that leprechaun go behind that tree?

Happy March!
Love,
Dianne O'Maust


2 comments:

  1. i love you so much dianne that me to we are celtic sisters together. jessica bender

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too Jessica! Or is it Jessica O'Bender? :) Thanks for the comment; it brought a wee smile to me Saturday :)
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete