Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Frost and Cows

I woke up this morning grouchy. 

1.) Tomorrow is Leo's birthday and I am pretty much coming up blank. It is like Christmas all over again.
2.) I am still not done with my paperwork and taxes.
3.) We are out of milk.
4.) There was frost last night. 

Now, I realize it is still March, and frost, yes, even snow, can be still expected to occur. Until May. But somehow this morning it feels a little like a cruel joke. The tulips, which were so proud and standing tall yesterday, are looking a bit droopy this morning. They aren't laying down completely, but they sure look like they could use a cup of coffee. 


More plants needing a "pick-me-up"

Then, as I am surveying the frost damage,
I come across this...

 My birdbath is laying down and I know frost was not the cause!!
I am sure I know the guilty one here and as I look around, the evidence is unmistakable. There are footprints, err, I mean hoof prints all throughout the garden. See Exhibit A below.


EXHIBIT A
I don't think I even need a CSI team here to solve this crime. That is undeniably a bovine track.
And she didn't just leave one, she left many as she gleefully pranced about (and on top of) the young, tender green plants, smashing them into the ground. If the tulips had been blooming, she would have no doubt chewed off the blossom, roughly pulling the bulb from the soil in the process, and then spitting out the flower. How do I know this? There were a few delinquent cows last year who did the same thing.


They look so innocent don't they. Looks are deceiving. Very deceiving.

WANTED: One black Angus heifer with a white face. Likes to look innocent by laying in the pasture.
Would taste delicious on the grill.
I think her name should be Bonnie as in Bonnie & Clyde.

That was my morning. I feel so much better now that I've vented and had a mug of coffee. Although...
 ...I still don't know what to get Leo for his birthday,
...my taxes still aren't done. 
...and the frost is just a part of life (but the tulips are starting to look a little better).

There are some circumstances in life that I simply can't do anything about, and there are others that I can. 
In both kinds of situations I do have control over one thing: my attitude. 

Oh boy. 

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment