Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Interview with Leo about Ballroom Lesson #4

Dianne: "So, Leo, what was your impression of dance class tonight?"

Leo: "Uh, I wondered if I had coal dust dirt on my lower neck, because I washed my hair in the sink at the coal plant before meeting you at the Studio." He laughs. "That's why I wore long sleeves too."

Dianne: "But what about the dance class?"


Dianne: "By the way, I thought you looked handsome. You smelled good too."

Leo: (coughs) "Learning new things together is fun."

Dianne: "Details. I need details."

Leo: "Teamwork. Umm, husband and wife are a team and in dancing, even though it is assumed that the man takes the lead, I think we need to work as a team. I think it's more fun that way. I think God likes teamwork. "

Dianne: "I think so too. Jenni (our instructor) said that the man needs to lead, but the woman needs to choose to follow. In doing that, they work as a team. Tonight we counted steps together better and I felt like we were more "together" as a whole."

Leo: "Dancing is not just "butt-bumping" but it is getting in time with the music and rhythm, and each other."

Dianne: "Did you just say "butt-bumping? Seriously?"

Leo: (he just laughs) "And you took me out to eat afterwards for my birthday and I had a very nice evening. It was fun showing you where I work too on our way home."

Dianne: "I had fun too. Even if we looked like we were stupid at the restaurant. I am asking the waiter what my choices were for vegetables and potatoes and he looks at me like I am completely odd because it is right there on the menu. How was I to know that was what the side dishes were? And then, you did the same thing after he'd explained it to me!"

Leo: "Now that's teamwork!"


Tonight at ballroom lesson #4, we focused mainly on Swing, with a little Rumba at the end. Swing is energetic and FUN! We learned the basic step with a 6 count, an under-arch turn (for her), a "she-goes", a   "he-goes", a waist-slide, and something else I can't remember. I thought we actually had this one down really well, until we came home and showed Heather.

We blamed it on the music.

If Leo is the boy, does that make me the monkey?
Love,
Dianne



No comments:

Post a Comment