Thursday, March 1, 2012

Kitchen Update

My Someday Kitchen is slowly coming into place. The other day, I took the front of an old dresser drawer...

...sanded it, primed it, and painted it ....
...a warm shade of Carmelized Onion.

 Then I screwed on some shelf brackets...

 ...and tried to get it on the wall. Apparently our walls are made of tough stuff behind the drywall. It took a lot of oommpphh! Where is Leo when you need him?











Oh, there he is, helping me with the other set of shelves. These were even tougher than the one I hung! It felt like you were trying to put the screw through a brick. I bent a few screws and put a few more unnecessary holes in the wall before Leo came to the rescue.






And here is the finished result:

My Coffee Corner! It feels quite cozy. 
The plates were my Grandpa and Grandma Bender's. I ate breakfast many times on those plates.






 The curtains that replaced the broken, falling off doors.

And a touch of whimsy...I would've posted a picture of my jar of jellybeans which I thought added a touch of whimsy, but my girls ate them... all of them except the ones they thought tasted yucky.

I am happy with how it looks! It is me.
So, hey, why don't you stop in sometime and we'll have coffee! Just give me a heads up so I have time to hide the dirty dishes in the shower. Thanks!

Love, 
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment