Saturday, February 11, 2012

Walking From the Heart

Yesterday, when I got home, there was an early Valentine's gift in the living room for me.  It was something I had been wanting for a long time, but hadn't been able to find one used. And there it was.

A treadmill.

Now some people might say, "Your husband got you a treadmill for Valentine's Day??!! Whatever was he thinking? How unromantic!"

I beg to differ. It would be one thing if I had never wanted one, or if I hated exercise. Or even worse, if I thought I didn't need to lose weight or be in better health, and he got me one.

But, I do like to exercise. I do need to lose a few more pounds and I want to be in better health. So, for me, a treadmill was perfect. Leo had been watching the newspaper religiously for one and when this one showed up the other day in a local town, he called, he went, he purchased, and now it is in my living room.

I love my man.

Last night, we all tried it out. Aaron had it going at the fastest speed possible and got blisters on his feet. The girls kept it reasonable. Ryan probably had it a a relatively slow speed, but for his legs, it looked fast. I got on it last evening a little while after supper and walked a mile in 17 minutes. IT FELT GOOD! Now I have to compete with myself to see what my fastest mile can be.

I like walking outside, but I hate walking along the road, or having to drive somewhere to go for a walk. Today I can walk as long as I want without going out in the cold.  And I can walk in my pajamas if I want to.

I think I'm going to like having a treadmill.

Now if I can just keep it from becoming a place to hang my clothes.

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment