Sunday, February 26, 2012

Of Baskets, Bins, and Boxes

I went to Lowe's this morning on my way home from work. As I walked through the doors, I could almost hear harps playing off in the distance along with angelic voices singing.
I was on a mission to get shelf brackets, just shelf brackets.

Yeah, right. This is Lowe's I am talking about here.

I walked towards the shelving units and got distracted first by the garden furniture. So many tables with wrought iron legs, wicker furniture, and fireplaces. Then I saw the different varieties of Keurig coffees...

Okay Dianne, get a grip! Shelf brackets, shelf brackets, now focus!



Ah, there they are, along with soooo many options to organize your closet.
 Oooooh, look there! Now that's just what I need! At least that's what I told myself as a began looking at all the storage baskets, bins, and boxes. In neutral brown and ivory, red and green (all 3 are favorite colors of mine), I decided that I would try one to see how it would work to sort some of my fabric in so it is not just exposed on the shelf.

 Now what was I here for? Hmmm...


Look at that cute little place to hang your car keys! I think I will add that to my basket (I picked the brown  linen one) along with some cup hooks to hang on the underside of my shelf that I am putting in the kitchen.

...oh yeah, 2 shelf brackets...


Here are 2 bronze looking ones that will work. I add that to the basket as I spot 2 white shelves that would be perfect over by the stove. I tuck the shelves under my arm and head to the register...

















....until the paint distracted me.

I really do have a plan as I add one small can of chalkboard paint to my linen basket.

Okay, I checked out without any incident, drove home and now I am thinking about projects to do.

You can't see me, but I am smiling.

Love,
Dianne


2 comments:

  1. Yep that's m mom alright! getting set on one thing and then getting distracted by other things. :) I guess that's where i get that habit. Even though she gave me that habit I still love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's where you get it...and here I thought it was from Daddy.

    ReplyDelete