Monday, February 13, 2012

PreValentine's Day

So, tomorrow's Valentine's Day. What to do, what to do?

Believe me, it is not the man in this house who has a hard time with gifts and surprises. It's me.
Maybe I just try to hard and end up making the whole process harder than it needs to be. I had the same problem at Christmas as I recall. When I ask Leo what he'd like for Valentine's Day, he just says, "A kiss", or "just keep lovin' me". That's all well and good, but on a special day set aside for LOVE, I'd like to do something at least remotely above and beyond.

We are going to make dinner here and include all the youngsters who are around for the evening. And then...I don't know. I mean, we can all use our imaginations here, but I'm not talking about that. 


I work tonight, so maybe in the middle of the night, I'll have a romantic breakthrough.

I could just leave it all up to Leo to make Valentine's Day romantic and lovey-dovey, but that doesn't totally seem fair to me. It takes 2 of us every other day of the year, so why not that day too? And, even though he is a guy, a manly man I might add, he is a romantic at heart. He enjoys the romantic stuff, in a masculine kind of way of course.

So for now, it's at least dinner by candlelight, maybe a good romantic comedy, not to chick-flicky, and maybe a walk in the possible snow shower that could be here tomorrow evening.

Unless I have a brilliant idea in the meantime...

Love and Valentines,
Until tomorrow,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment