Monday, February 6, 2012

Locked Cars and Undone Taxes

Just in case you were wondering...Leo (my knight in shining armor) managed to hook the car keys laying on the car dashboard and get them to the window. Then using 3 different wires and some wood, managed to get the key almost out, but then just as he was going to give up, managed to get the key ring turned and with one of the wires, was able to push the unlock feature on the key. IT WORKED!!!

I AM SO HAPPY!!...and thankful we did not have to call a locksmith.

I believe my today resolution is: Get AAA for our household.

What else can I get into today? I guess since my car is unlocked now, and I was able to retrieve my purse from the car, I have no excuses now not to start getting back to the taxes. Yuck.

I use Quicken on the computer to record all of our financial information. I am rather detailed when I enter things because I like to see where our money is going. For example, I don't just have a "Farm" category. I have Farm categories split out into Feed, Machinery (parts and repairs), Supplies, Custom Hire, Labor, etc. The same thing applies to our personal/household expenses. I have it split out into Groceries, Clothing, School. Recreation, Household (maintenance, heating, decor, etc.), etc. It can all be very time consuming.

I shouldn't complain. I am the one who set it up that way. It is my slight bent to being obsessive-compulsive. But I sometimes think I made it too complex. Too complex that I get overwhelmed by it and don't feel like tackling it.

Of course, if I hadn't avoided it for so long....

So, I have the coffee on, (where is Starbucks when you need them?) a pair of comfy pj bottoms with a tshirt, and I am ready. Oh, and I have Pandora Radio on, set to my Celtic music channel for now. There is nothing like good fiddle playing with whistles and pipes to keep you motivated and chipper.

My 2nd Today resolution: Get as much done as I can on the financial junk. I mean, important financial paperwork.

Love,
Dianne


No comments:

Post a Comment