Sunday, February 5, 2012

Keys Locked in the Car...Again

I am a little bummed right now. Annoyed. Aggravated. Bummed.

I locked my keys in my car. And not only my main set of keys, but my spare key also which is in my purse. Inside the car.

Why, oh why? How could I be so stupid?

Wait, don't answer that.

So now, I have to go fishing with a coat hanger in hopes of catching the button just right, thus releasing the mechanism.  Usually when this happens, the problem is getting the coat hanger to get through the crack above the door without causing any damage to the vehicle.

Did you notice, I said usually when this happens? Yes, this has happened before. Quite a few times actually. It's kinda like me and running out of gas. You would think after it has happened once or twice, I would learn from my mistakes. It seems that it takes me much longer than that to learn something. I think it has a lot to do with pride and being stubborn; being resistant to change up my routine.

Perhaps it is time to break down a couple walls here; get rid of some unhealthy habits and unnecessary rituals.  Perhaps it is time to unlock (ha ha) some better organization and time management skills. If I had done that already, I may not be in the predicament I am in now. All I had to do was take my purse in the house first. Voila!

And did you notice how I am still avoiding going out into the cold darkness to poke at my car? I am hoping Leo gets home soon and will be my knight in shining armor rescuing his damsel in distress.

Or I could go out there and get the deed done...

Or not...

Organization, time management, being able to be independent in these kind of situations...all things I need to work on. So, I guess I'll go put some boots on and a jacket, go find a coat hanger, and get this done.

Here I go...really I am...I am thinking about it anyhow.

I'll let you know tomorrow how it ends.

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment