Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Project for the Day

I worked a daylight shift yesterday. I had 2 alarm clocks set; one for 4:30am and the other for 4:50am. I figured that way I'd be sure to get up on time. (For the record, I hit snooze many times and then got up at 5:00.)

 I worked as staff nurse for 4hrs, then had education stuff the rest of the day. Even though the time frame was the same as if I'd worked a night shift, it sure seemed a lot longer. I was home and in bed, asleep by 10:30pm, which is early by my standards.

So, I was up and ready to start my day at 7:00 this morning.

Not.

It was more like, almost 10:00. I work tonight and I needed to recover from yesterday's trauma of waking up at an unheard of hour. At least that's what I told myself.

I had good intentions of working on paperwork again, but I just don't feel like it. I might for a little bit, but not all afternoon. Instead, I want to finish a project that has been waiting to be finished. I have an old dresser that used to be just stained wood, then it was pink for the girl's room, and now it is a rusty red color in the kitchen.



I removed the drawers and inserted baskets (for potatoes, onions, and misc. magazines). But the bottom half has been left undone. It is a great place for the guys to put their lunch boxes, and for me to put my basket of "quick to grab as I go out the door" gardening tools. The top is being used as a place to harness those things that belong in other places (like clothing borrowed from a friend, library books, etc), a basket with CDs (to listen to while washing dishes), and another basket with chalk to leave messages with.

I am kinda throwing around the idea of turning it into a coffee/tea bar. Maybe someday.

But today, I am going to sew a curtain to cover up the bottom half. That's my Today Resolution. The one thing I want to accomplish (besides the usual laundry, dishes...)

And now, 2 hours later...



I like it! Okay, next project....

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment