Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Moments...

Sometimes it is the simple things in life that bring a smile.

...a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
...an unexpected phone call from a friend
...fuzzy PJ bottoms
...slippers
...a cat purring
...coffee
...rich creamer
...chocolate
...baby breath
...seeing a photo from a vacation
...driving in the car with your daughter
...dancing
...a walk in the Springtime
...a walk in the newly fallen snow
...seeing plants push through the soil
...the smell of soil in the Spring
...secret gardens
...the thought of fairies
...clothes that fit
...laughter with sisters
...moss on rocks
...strawberries
...the smell of vanilla
...a spoonful of whipped cream
...padded bicycle seats
...chai tea
...a massage
...Celtic music
...bubbles
...a pink and orange sunset
...a crossed-off to-do list
...finding the missing sock(s)
...finding the missing mitten(s)
...rain boots
...mud puddles
...butterflies and dragonflies
...writing my blog

...and the list could go on. Life is full of little moments with a few big ones thrown in. What am I going to do with the little moments?

I could make a list of all the moments that bring a frown, but why would I want to dwell there? Sometimes, being happy is a willful choice. I have days that I simply do not feel like being happy and it is on those days that I have to make an effort to be thankful, to look for things that bring me joy. Am I always successful? No (ask my kids and Leo, they'll tell you!) Do I have days that I just want to stay in bed and ignore life? Yes.

I guess what I am saying is that I need a reminder as much as anyone, that life is full of ups and downs and that I will have days that I am in a dark valley struggling to get to the other side where there is light. But in the midst of that, there are moments that bring a splash of joy if I would only just look outside of myself.

My today resolution: Look for the moments, and savor them. Store them up to be remembered for  
                                     a dark day. 


Love,
Dianne


No comments:

Post a Comment