Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Have your cake and eat it too!

I think I consumed 200,000 calories yesterday. In one single Mocha Brownie.







Thanks to The Pioneer Woman and her cookbook, our Valentine's Dinner was FANTASTIC. and quite fattening....but FANTASTIC!

Our menu for the evening festivities was:
Perfect Pot Roast
and it was perfect...oh yeah
PW's Creamy Mashed Potatoes
with cream cheese, cream and butter
Burgundy Mushrooms
and they simmered all day filling the kitchen with an amazing aroma
Applesauce
with cinnamon
Mocha Brownies 
with vanilla ice-cream

I think I need to go to confession
and I am not even Catholic.

All I can say is that it is a good thing Leo got me a treadmill. I walked 5 miles this morning. Only 995 more to go to burn off the brownie(s). I mean, did you really think I 'd only eat just one?

I do try to eat healthy most of the time. But, I just gotta point out, that the first 3 letters in diet are D I E. 
I don't want to live my life always focused on eating only the healthy stuff all the time. Sometimes you just need to enjoy food without worrying. I do enough of that every other day of the year. And I did try to make a couple healthy-ish changes to the meal, like trimming the fat off the roast before cooking it, using low fat cream cheese, and not quite as much butter as was recommended in the recipes. 

And it all tasted delicious and we ate together, all of us, and we talked, and laughed, and the kitchen got quite loud. I think it was one of the best Valentine's ever. 

Love,
Dianne
                            

No comments:

Post a Comment