Sunday, February 12, 2012

Ryan and Ryan

Ryan and Ryan; 2 buddies spending an unexpected day together today.  Ryan Bender needed a place to hang out while his family was at Bible Quizzing events today and my Ryan was more than happy to have a friend to spend the afternoon with.

They are alike in ways other than their name. They both meticulously picked the vegetables out of their strombolis at lunchtime, and they both like bananas, scrambled eggs and pancakes. They both like playing games on the computer, they both like to play pretend under the cover of a tent made with Ryan's bed.

I believe they were spies. And dogs, but not at the same time.

I think this is seriously the best age to have a friend over to play for the day. The imagination of 7 and 8 year old boys is boundless. I don't know why I don't do this more often.

Well, I do kinda know. I think it is just a little out of that comfortable area for me. Like, what if they hate what I cook, or they are bored out of their minds because we don't own a Playstation or a Wii? What if they hurt themselves and need first aid?

I know I am a nurse, but I really don't do well with blood and other yucky stuff.
Quick, get the smelling salts! No, not for the bleeding person, it's for the nurse!"


But today was nice. No injuries, no boredom, and nobody starved. And Ryan and Ryan had a day to remember. I even got a Sunday nap in.

I hope they weren't spying on me while I snored.




Here's to good buddies!
Love,
Dianne

2 comments: