Wednesday, January 25, 2012

So white....then add color!

Mission accomplished.


Heather's room is primed and ready for color. It is amazing really how much better her room looks even with just a coat of plain white primer. I would've said her walls were pretty much white before, but in comparison, they were not even a nice shade of off-white. Maybe more like the color of teeth left too long unbrushed.

Gross, I know.

The whole process makes me think about my life and how I may think I am "just fine" the way I am.
Why change?

But when I allow myself to see, to really see myself, I see the dingy, ugly parts of me.
         The negative thinking (I am a failure as a mom, as a wife, I am no good, etc...) ,
                     ...the way it is easy to think myself better than that other person,
                              ...the way I can get angry and all bent-out-of-shape over something
                                 that in 10years,
                                 5 years,
                                 1 year,
                                 even a week from now is not going to matter.
          And the list could go on...

Thank God that He sees me for who I am. The real me. And loves me anyhow.
That He loved me enough to give His life in place of mine, so that I can be primed; that I can become as white as newly fallen snow.


I can't wrap my mind around it.
 I can't comprehend how He loves me.
I just know that He does. 
He's real. 

Psalms 51 says so much more than I can say.
I took time this morning to read it, all of it, and to think about it. No, I didn't commit the sins David did, but I do sin. The writer of the Psalm wrote from his heart and it has touched mine.

"Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow." Psalms 51:7

Be cleansed, be primed and then, look out! Are you ready for color?!
Love,
Dianne


No comments:

Post a Comment