Monday, January 9, 2012

Oscar The Grouch or Big Bird?

I could be a grump today. I don't want to be, but I am afraid that the Oscar The Grouch that resides somewhere inside of me is trying diligently to get out.

What makes me grumpy, not just today, but any given day? The big one, like for many people, is lack of sleep. Sometimes it's just the huge pile of "to-do" things that I let overwhelm and engulf me. Throw in a little fear of the future, lack of finances (or the poor management thereof), too many demands, and a woman's favorite time of the month (sorry if you're a guy reading this, but it's true).

When I let the worries of today, yesterday and tomorrow build up, or I let them take over, I become just like the olive green, grungy, grimy, garbage-can residing monster.

Good Ol' Oscar

Days like today make me feel ugly inside and out. I need to pause, take a breath, put on some music, put a positive thought in my head and focus on one or two things, not everything. 

Ahhh, I am already feeling better.  

Even writing this blog helps me put my swirling thoughts into perspective and keeps me in check.

This is the day the Lord the has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it! Psalms 118:24 


2 comments: