Saturday, January 7, 2012

Confession at High Noon

Confession time.
I slept until noon today.
Lazy? Maybe.
Or maybe just needed.
After working 3 night shifts and then sleeping yesterday, once I was awake, I was really awake. Like, until 2:30am awake.  So then I slept. Until High Noon.
"I'll meet you at high noon at the saloon. Be ready for a steaming cup of coffee."
Oh, I forgot to mention that I was awake around 8:00am when Leo brought me breakfast in bed. For no reason other than he is my sweetheart. So, I ate scrambled eggs 'n' ham (not green) and a waffle. He's so good to me. Then, I fell asleep again.

I usually think I am invincible. That when I take off my shirt, there is super hero clothing on underneath stating that I am WonderMom. But it's not true.

I need rest, and lots of it. I need good food, and lots of it (well, maybe not lots; I just like food). I need to exercise (notice the lack of lots). I need to take time to rejuvenate, renew, refresh, and revive.

I need to be okay that I need those things. I need to take care of me so I can take of my family, so I can go to work with a positive attitude, so I can enjoy the life God has blessed me with. I've tried to be the person who thought that I should never put myself first and what I found was that I wasn't really helping anyone. My attitude in serving others was one of martyrdom. Does that make sense?

When I take a little time for me, I am ready to serve others with a joyful heart. It's about balance. It's not all about Me, Me, Me; rather, it is a combination of God, others, and me.

I struggle with serving others with the right attitude. I know that taking time for rest and all the other stuff makes me better able to have the right attitude.

So, my today resolution is: Be a blessing to the people God puts in my way, whether it is to just smile and say "Hi", or to fix their flat tire (at least I could call TripleA).

No comments:

Post a Comment