Thursday, January 12, 2012

Purple, Purple, Purple (Say that 3x fast)

I love all the names they come up with for paint colors.
Coffee Rose,
    Ballerina,
        Crocodile Tears,
            Thyme Green,
                Morning Breeze,
                   Ship's Harbor,
                       Sundrenched White Plum,
                            Serene Shade Tree,
                                Cinnamon Bear,
                                    Antique Lace.
They names put an image, a feeling into your head. They make you think of food, of places you'd like to visit, of gardens you'd like to wander through. They make you dream. 


I like to take a winter vacation every year. I like being housebound with a project. Over the years I've painted the living room and staircase, the family room, Adrienne's room, and Amy's room. This year I'd like to tackle Heather's room.

Heather's current bedspread
Last night we were looking at paint chips. We knew a little what direction we wanted to go in, so we laid out the piles of colorful cards. I almost started drooling.
We have been thinking purples and greens

Sooooo many purples, and these are just a few!

And more purples!
We finally decided to go with purples and grey with some green thrown in here and there. Maybe.
Now we need to decide on painting technique. I'd like to try some color washing; she'd like to just paint it plain. We're still thinking. To wallpaper border or not? That is the question. (Or at least one of them.)

Vacation starts January 21, so I have a little more time to prepare. I'll keep you posted.

So what were the paint colors we went with? Or at least the ones in the final running?
          Violet Blusher
                     Romantic Purple
                               Regal Purple
                                          Defense Armory Gray or New Zealand Fossil

Drool. I can't wait to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment