Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Scarlet, Adrienne, and Snow

I would love to be singing "...and since we've no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...", but I work tonight and am privileged to get to drive to Johnstown in this delightful stuff.
One of my gardens...brrr
Don't get me wrong; I really do like snow. I even kinda enjoy a really good snowstorm.

As long as I don't have to go out in it. Therein lies the dilemma.

So, I'll make sure my car has a full tank of gas (thank you Adrienne!!), not that I ever run out of gas within sight of the gas station (thank you Aaron!!), a blanket or two (just in case), and a flashlight. Then I can head off with confidence in Scarlet. That's my car. My sweet little Subaru.

Adrienne--Thanks for running around in the cold so I don't have to leave 15 min earlier tonight!
But for my last couple of hours before I leave, I am going to work on some mending that needs done. I think there are some articles of clothing that no longer fit anybody in this house in that pile of missing buttons, bad zippers (come on, am I really going to fix a zipper!?), and torn seams. But maybe I'll find one or two things I can tackle today.

Keep it simple. Keep it doable.

My today resolution: Make the mending pile a little bit smaller and get rid of the things that I am never      really going to fix anyway. 

Maybe I need to add: Keep it realistic.

Stay warm today! Drink something hot!

Love, Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment