Friday, January 13, 2012

Only 67 Days Til Spring...

I am snuggled under the covers right now.  Completely, like I am in an igloo, with everything under the blankets, because it is as cold as The North Pole out there.  I feel like a kid trying to read in bed with a flashlight thinking no one can see the glow radiating through the blankets.

Something is not quite working with our furnace and naturally, the time to find that out is when it is cold outside.  Sigh.

As I am thinking of climbing out of my warm cocoon, I am thankful for a house to shelter me from the wind. I am grateful for as many warm blankets as I could possibly want to keep me warm. I am thankful that winter weather is only around about 4 or so months a year. Just think, in 2 1/2 to 3 months, there will be new shoots of green poking through the cold earth in search of the sun. I can't wait!





But since I have to wait, I will enjoy (or at least try to enjoy) the cold days where your breath freezes into little clouds, and hot chocolate tastes better than at any other time. I am going to be thankful for this cinnamon hazelnut coffee and a cinnamon roll from Springs Store.

Oh, I am out of bed now, sitting in the kitchen; I am not under the covers drinking coffee.  The radiators are warm, the kids are off school and are in the family room watching Tangled together. All 5 of them plus a girlfriend. I am thankful for that too.

I am not sure yet about being thankful for the drive to work tonight....
....cause, Baby It's Cold Outside!

Be Blessed Today!
Dianne



1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to the warmth of Spring as well.

    EN

    ReplyDelete