Monday, January 23, 2012

Just being me

This week I love Monday. It's vacation week and I like having a week to just "be".
Just be a mom.
Just be a wife.
Just be able to focus on my family.
To just be.

I want to be able to go to a friend's house without feeling like I am rushed.
I want to be able to drink a cup of coffee without having to drink it in a travel mug on my way to work.
I want to be able to catch up on a project or two.
I want to be able to start a book that has been waiting to be enjoyed.
I want to be able to go to church for two Sundays in a row.

I am thankful today that I am alive. 
I am thankful for kids that make a lot of noise when they come home.
I am thankful for a sister, brother-in-law, and nephew that came to visit today.
I am thankful my husband is so good-looking. 
Yes, I went there.

I hope Tuesday is just as rewarding. Tomorrow the painting of Heather's room begins...

Here's to just "being".
Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment