Monday, January 2, 2012

My "Today Resolution"

I started taking down the Christmas decorations today. I like to do it just a little at a time; otherwise I just end up with everything "Christmas" in our bedroom (which is just off the attic) in piles of festive clutter. If I do it in bits and pieces, it usually ends up being put away into proper storage containers, organized by room or theme.

Note the word "usually".

Maybe that should be, "sometimes" or "almost never", but hey, the intention is there!

Speaking of intentions, now is always a good time to think about the "R" word.

Resolution.

I usually don't make any official declarations of intent, because I don't want to ever feel like I need to wait for a new year to make a needed change. For me, that only becomes an excuse to put off what I need to be doing now.

Like, eating healthier...
Like, getting rid of clutter...
Like, keeping my financial affairs organized and not waiting until it has to be done...
Like, exercising consistently...
Like, getting unfinished projects done...
Like, cooking more for my family (yeah, Leo is a fierce cook, and that makes me lazy)...
Like, not making excuses...

You get the idea.

So, my "Today Resolution" is to make supper for my family.
Let's see...Ham
                Twice-baked Potatoes
                Some kind of vegetable (the top vote from the family usually wins)

prior to baking....mmmm

After baking...even more Mmmmmm
That seems do-able. And I think that's the key for me. I need to make my goals, my intentions, my resolutions, whatever they are, do-able. Now my dreams, that's another story....for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment