Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sam


Yesterday was my nephew Sam's 2nd Birthday!!! I can't believe he is already a toddler, entering into the realm of "The Terrible Two's" (Actually, I thought age 3-4 was way more terrible!) 

Opening his Christmas gifts
Opening Thomas The Tank Engine
(Now he gets to open his birthday gifts!)

Sam, this past June 
Yeah, he's cute. Way cute.

And before his mom and dad will be ready, they will  be watching him get on the school bus for that first day of Kindergarten. Then they will turn around and Sam will be in middle school, wanting to play a sport and learn a musical instrument. His parents will blink once and Sam will be in high school, asking for help with Algebra and girls. 

Wasn't it just yesterday that Sam was born and we were all praying that he'd be healthy and strong? That this little baby who insisted on coming six weeks premature (in a snowstorm!) would grow to be a mighty man of God? 

That wasn't yesterday. That was two years ago and we all wonder at how quickly time goes by. 

Not just for Eric, Valerie, and Sam, but for all of us. 

How do I have a 20 year old daughter already? And when did Aaron turn into a man?  I thought Amy and Heather were still my little girls, and in the time it took to blow the fuzzy dandelion and watch the seeds scatter, they blossomed into young ladies. And then there's my baby. Ryan was just born, right? So what is he doing being a boy of 8? I can't even really call him my "little" boy anymore. 

Sigh.

Time passes for all of us. Enjoy today. At least a part of it, a moment of it, if you are able. I need to cherish where my children are at this stage in their lives, because I will turn around, or blink, and it will be gone. I need to cherish where Leo and I are at in our relationship for the same reason. 

Time passes quickly....don't let life pass you by. Live it! 

Love Dianne


2 comments: