Monday, April 30, 2012

Last Day of April in the Garden

 I am tired this evening. After working all weekend, I decided to get outside today and do some gardening.

 I worked in my herb garden, which I rather ignored last year. It has been invaded by a prickly, decisively aggressive weed:
This stuff comes up everywhere and I think that every single place a piece of the root falls, it grows a new plant. I have no idea what it is, but I am decisively not it's friend, and it makes me feel prickly. 

After eradicating as much of it as I could from 4 of the raised beds, I drew up my plan, and sowed some seed. A little chives (common and garlic), sweet basil, sage, and rosemary. I already have thyme and hyssop growing. I've had success in the past with just throwing seeds out, so I'll give it a go this year. 


 I already have onions growing, both white onions and sweet vidalia onions. Can't you almost smell them cooking in butter with a pile of sliced mushrooms and peppers. Mmmmm...


I enjoyed having the cows keep me company, on their side of the fence. All of them, even Bonnie, the white-faced escapee who on one such escapade left her hoof prints in the onion patch. 
After the herb garden, I decided to mow yard.
Just a little bit of yard.
Well, 2 1/2 hours later and about 8 miles on the pedometer logged, I wasn't sure I could go anymore. Our riding mower is out of commission, so everything is done by a push mower.

I am tired, but a good tired.
Sleep will be most welcome tonight.

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment