Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday Reflections

The family was all at home this morning. We ate a breakfast casserole that I'd prepared yesterday, all except Ryan (he hates potatoes, even when hidden in a casserole). The conversation flowed, the teasing commenced, and the radio played in the background. Sometimes our house is noisy.

Now, breakfast is long over, the dishes are washed and the house is quiet again. Adrienne is babysitting, Aaron and Amy are trying to build an art easel, Heather is working on a school project, Leo is feeding the cows, Ryan is tagging along with Leo, and I am left with my thoughts. Sometimes our house is quiet.

Today is Good Friday; a good day to reflect. Today is a serious day when you think about the enormity of what Jesus did for us on the cross. But it is also a day of joy when you realize just what He did and how much He loves each and every one of us. For me, when I think about His death on the cross, I feel sorrow, but I also know that His death wasn't permanent. He did rise again after 3 days in the grave. He died so I can have forgiveness, so I can have a relationship with Him. To try and explain it, how it works, why it works, I don't know if I can. I just know that without God in my life, I would be a wreck. Not that my life became "perfect", without heartache, without sadness, without pain and sickness, without anger and all the other stuff, but I can get through all of it because He gets me through it.

Today is Good Friday. I am thankful and in awe of what God did for me. I am blessed beyond what I deserve. He made me a princess. Last night I was reading Psalms 45, a wedding song. Verse 13 says "All glorious is the princess within her chamber; her gown is interwoven with gold." That's how God makes me feel.


Take time to reflect today on Good Friday. 




 Love,
Dianne



No comments:

Post a Comment