Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Perfect Dress

I think I could be a shopaholic. After working 5 out of the last 6 nights, all I could think about this morning as my shift ended, was going to Dress Barn.

Dress Barn is one of my favorite places to shop for clothing, and not just because I like their clothes, but because of the customer service. There is something to be said for being called by name, instead of just "Miss" or "Ma'am", and having someone help you put together an outfit or find just the right top or pair of pants. They make you feel like a valued customer, and it makes you want to come back.

This morning I needed some "comfort shopping". This is similar to comfort food, but instead of eating something decadent, you find just the right item, at the right price. And it makes you feel pampered just a little. I am not saying to go out and spend like crazy, but maybe just find an item or two. (Or three or four)

I'm telling you, I could be a shopaholic of sorts.

I am trying to find a dress. Not just any dress, but a dress that makes me feel feminine and soft, but yet a little sassy and dare I say it...sexy. I want a dress to go dancing in.

Cha Cha Cha

I didn't find the dress this morning, but I'll keep looking. I like the thrill of the hunt.
I am not looking for a Dancing With The Stars kind of a dress (although some of those would be fun to wear!), I just want a dress I can feel pretty in, that I can feel like a lady in, and that I can wear somewhere in Somerset  or Garrett Counties. These were a few I liked on-line but didn't see in the store:


 
 And this little number was at Bloomingdales for a rather exorbitant price, at least for me. When I saw it though, I wanted to be a little girl again, twirling in circles just to see my skirt spin and swirl around me. I'd do that now, but I just get dizzy and a little sick.

Of course, I do still have my prom dress up in the attic...

Love,
Dianne




No comments:

Post a Comment