Saturday, April 21, 2012

Happy Sweet 13 Heather!







































Thirteen years ago, Heather Anne blessed our family with her big brown eyes, her sweet rosebud lips, and a soft downy head of brown hair. I won't go into labor and birth details, other than to say she was born in the middle of the night (my favorite time) and this was the only birth, out of five children, that Leo passed out at.

Yep, he was on the floor. This may be a Maust thing.
Maybe he was stunned with the sweetness and beauty of this new baby girl.
Nah, it was the needle and the IV.
But I didn't mind and neither did Heather.

She was a happy baby, for the most part, but every once in a while I thought of the Mother Goose rhyme about the little girl who "when she was good, she was very, very good, but when she was bad, she was horrid." Heather had a temper! Quick to blow up, but quicker to forgive.

Heather liked being cuddled and held...a lot. Some days she could be a little high maintenance and I learned to get jobs done around house with her on my hip. It is funny, but out of all my children, Heather ended up being my most independent toddler and preschooler. I think Erikson was onto something with his "trust vs. mistrust" and his stages of development.

She loved playing dress-up and dancing, jumping on the trampoline, playing with Barbies, and playing "house" in the attic. She never liked doing dishes, cleaning her room, and eating beans.

She makes awesome brownies and I believe she could be the next Rachel Ray. She learns choreography and dance like nobody's business and I love watching her "bust a move."









Heather was beautiful then and she still is today. I love watching her blossom into a young woman, passionate about life and God, loving and caring towards others, and with a spice that sometimes gets her in trouble. She is my prayer warrior and has always been my girl who prays for people.

Heather-girl, I love you. You bring me joy. XOXO



Love,
Dianne aka Mom


1 comment: