Friday, April 20, 2012

Prep time...3,2,1...blast-off

Being prepared is a good thing. Really it is. You wouldn't know it by my example though.

First, I know my car can go at least 400 miles on a tank of gas, but probably not much more. Last night, driving to work, I was so caught up in the book I was listening too, that I forgot I needed gas. Meyersdale would have been a good place to stop. I discovered my gas light was on in Davidsville, only about 40-ish some miles later. The odometer reading was 416 miles. Should I take a chance or stop somewhere?

I stopped and put three gallons in because I really didn't want to have to call work, a few short miles away, and say I ran out of gas.

I was not prepared.

Then, this morning, I stopped at Michaels (best store ever, by the way) and was picking up paint for Amy, and cupcake supplies for Heather's birthday. I am in line at the register when I realize I have no money, no checkbook. I had to ask the lady if I could set my things at the register while I ran to my car for a credit card I hoped was there.

I was not prepared.

Tomorrow, Heather has a dance competition in Pittsburgh. We need to leave here around 0430. In the morning. Yuck. I need to be prepared...tonight. I need to run to the bank for some cash, I want to sweep my car out, I need to hem up Heather's jazz pants, I need to fill my car completely up with gas, I need to print out directions and also program the GPS, I need to get groceries (snacks and drinks) for while we are there...

You get the idea. Preparation is important. TIme consuming and boring, but necessary.
It's funny really, for a person who likes organization, I sure have a hard time getting it together somedays.

Night shift will do that to you. And that hammock is begging to be hung up and piled with pillows and a blanket...

But...Noah built the ark before it ever rained...he was prepared.

So I am off, coffee in one hand, to-do list in the other.
I am preparing to be prepared.

Love,
Dianne


No comments:

Post a Comment