Sunday, April 1, 2012

Has it really been 15 years?!?

Tonight is my last of 3 nights working. I am thankful that I can sleep so well during the day, but I do have the coffee on, ready to go for my drive to work. I woke up a little while ago, and the house is silent. As I lay here, I am thinking about 15 years ago today.

April 1, 1997: The first day for the Maust family in the Level Acres farmhouse.

On that day, we loaded up the boxes, bins, bags, and furniture and moved our lifetime of belongings to our new dwelling. Would this be for the rest of our lives? Would this be the place that our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren for generations to come, would come to visit and remember?
At the time, Adrienne was 6, Aaron was 4, and Amy was 3 months old. I was 26; now that's only 6 years older than Adrienne is now.  Where have the years gone? 

Adrienne and Aaron were excited about moving as were Leo and I. Our own house and barn, with a yard in which to laugh in, to live, to love, to grow...Just a little overwhelming. Oh, and the cows were moving in too! How could I forget the cows?

This is my house today...minutes ago actually. Over the years, we've added a few flower beds....everywhere...
...because I love flowers!






The barn, of course! Over the years, this has changed too, from dairy cows to beef cows. Oh and one miniature horse, MerryLegs. Long may she live. 


This is the view from between the house and the barn. Over the years, this pond has seen its fair share of kids fishing, frog hunting and even swimming a few times. Snowmen have been built on the dock, the rowboat has drifted aimlessly, and prom pictures have been taken here.

I hope we are here for a long time; this is home. We fit here; the farm is as much a part of us as we are of it. I am thankful. I am blessed. 

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment