Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Throne Room (at the Maust home)

There are some things in life that you just can't do without. You could try to do without it, but it would make life difficult.

Take for example, a toilet seat.
This is something you use everyday, if you're lucky. And regular.

Okay, focus. Cause sometimes, that's what it takes.
Seriously, sometimes I crack myself up....bah-ha-ha.

Now that that is out of my system...umm, maybe that's not the best choice of words...

Pull it together Dianne!

This morning, as me and my girls cleaned up the house, Adrienne scrubbed the bathroom. It wasn't too long after she'd started that she came walking out to the kitchen with the toilet seat. It had completely rusted off the bolts that held it on to the throne.
 Everything came to a halt at that moment. This is an item that was need almost as much as that first cup of coffee in the morning. What were we going to do?





































Soon, Amy, Heather and I were off to Salisbury, to the hardware store, for a new toilet seat. We found the one we wanted (did you know that they are one size fits all?). We took our shiny, white toilet seat to the car where Amy proceeded to unwrap it, as excited as if it were her Christmas present. Then to my utter astonishment, she...

...LICKED it!

My daughter licked a toilet seat. Not just once but a few times. Remember, I never said we were a normal family. She said she'd never have the opportunity again.

Granted, it was a brand new toilet seat, never sat upon, never used, but still...
Thank you Amy, that image is forever burned into the back of my eyeballs.

We got home and Handywoman Amy went straight to the bathroom and started the install. She needed a little help from the Master Plumber. Leo wasn't home, so I helped instead.

It took awhile...

 ...but we did it! Success!
I'd show you the proof that it works appropriately, but this is a family blog.

So there you have it, a snapshot in time from the Maust family. For better or worse.

Love,
Dianne



2 comments:

  1. you make me laugh, a lot. thanks..

    You write so well...do you like to write about history?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel,
      Thank you! I really enjoy writing and I am so thankful that I've made it a priority in my life. I used to think I had nothing to write, now I see everything as an opportunity. (Much to my family's delight, I'm sure.) I haven't written to much history, besides my own, except for rewriting some of the script for the Folk Festival Play. What did you have in mind? I am open to opportunities!
      Dianne

      Delete