Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Finding the Rhythm, Feeling the Beat

Last night was Ballroom Lesson #5. The past weeks have gone by so fast! One more week to go and I am not sure I want it to come to an end. We almost didn't go tonight because of the cost of gas. We were talking on the phone about it and Adrienne came home from work, got out of her car, and handed me $16.00. Maybe it wasn't exactly the Powerball, but it was like an answer to prayer.

The decision was made; we went to dance class!

At first we were the only couple there, then two more showed up. It was a small class this week and we had lots of room to move around. We didn't crash into anybody, not even once! Unless you count each other...then it was numerous times.

But we didn't mind.

We worked on Swing and the teacher said "that dance is your dance". I don't know about that, but it sure is fun. I like adding the twists and turns, and the music is lively. I thought I had on enough deodorant, but I still sweated. Like a pig. Oh, wait, pigs don't sweat. Regardless, it was a workout!

We moved next to Salsa and a little Cha Cha. I hope I can remember all the rhythms for all these different dances in my head. The Salsa required you to always keep one foot "in the flowerpot", and this kept you with the correct steps and motion. I'm not sure it helped with the hip motion though.

Salsa required A LOT of hip action. The teacher makes it look so smooth and effortless. I just look like I need to use the bathroom. I'll just keep on practicing while I am here cleaning. I'll just put the music on and...LOOK OUT! I figure since I am "blessed" with hips and a bum, I may as well learn to salsa with them. Ba-dum-bum.

I am learning manners too through all of this. Week One, I was wiping my sweaty palms on Leo. He was a gentleman and let me. Now, I am very aware of how rude this is. I mean, what if he did that to me? I'd be like, "Excuse me!", in my most sarcastic voice. Last night, I didn't do it, not even once. And believe me, my hands were sweaty.

This could almost be Leo and me:

Or maybe this:


But, I think this is the most like us: 

Having fun, laughing, getting to know each other even more...it doesn't get much better than this!

Love, 
Ba Dum Bum,
Dianne






No comments:

Post a Comment