Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tears in A Bottle, or maybe, a Coffee Cup

Do you ever have days where you just want to get emotional over everything? 


Today is one of those days.


I watched the "Dancing With The Stars" episode from last night and I cried.
I found more clothes baskets with dirty clothes and I got teary-eyed.
I drank my coffee and it was so good that it moved me to tears.
I checked my bank account and sobbed. Not tears of joy this time.


What else will this day hold and what is going to cause the next surge of emotion? Why are some days like that? I can think of a few reasons:
     1) Hormones (always a safe bet and it sounds good)
     2) Not enough coffee
     3) I'm a woman (another safe bet)
     4) Not enough sleep
     5) Too much sleep
     6) No dark chocolate in the house
     7) I didn't start the day with reading my Bible and prayer


When I look at my list, I realize that I can probably "fix" 5 out of the 7. To start with, even though I didn't start my day with God, I can take time right now.  I like Psalms or wisdom from Proverbs along with a chapter from the New Testament.


 Today it's Psalms 84.  I need to take time to "dwell" in His house. I like that word: dwell. It makes me think about lingering somewhere that I want to be. Like drinking a cup of coffee down on the dock in the sunshine on a summer morning. In a place where the quiet parts of my heart take time to listen, just listen. It is then that God speaks to me, speaks to my emotions, dries the tears, or sometimes, just lets them flow freely. 


Tears aren't bad; sometimes I like a good cry. Tears can be cleansing, refreshing, and needed. They are a part of each of us, male or female. So let the tears flow...

You keep track of all my sorrows. 
You have collected all my tears in your bottle. 
You have recorded each one in your book. 
Ps 56:8 NLT


Pretty amazing isn't it? I think it might just cry.


Love,
Dianne

2 comments:

  1. mom i completly understand you. i am here when you need it or may be sometimes you just need to be alone like you said i am here for you then too. love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather Girl, I love you! You are a sweetheart for sure and I am blessed to have you as my daughter. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete