Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sometimes the Payoff is Sweet

 All projects take time and commitment. Sometimes, that comes easy. Other times, not so much.
Take Amy's latest endeavor for instance. She is working on a mural for the church nursery; Noah's Ark to be exact. She was excited about it at first, but then reality hit.

This painting is BIG, and detailed, and intimidating.
She soon began to doubt her ability.
I love to watch her work. I think she makes it look easy, but she would disagree. She is struggling to get it done.

But she will.
Because she is talented.
              she has perseverance,
              she is Amy.

I love her hands.


Sometimes we just don't feel like being creative, especially with a deadline of sorts. 
I prefer to call it "meeting a goal" instead of a "deadline" because deadline is just about the most uninspired word that there is. 

And here is my inspiration for Amy: 
Yep, I painted those teeth myself.
And yet she doesn't ask for my expertise...
I really don't get it. 

Here was my "masterpiece" for the day:  A red velvet cupcake cake for Heather. 
It took a little time and commitment , but the payoff in the end was worth it. Something tells me that Amy's payoff in the end will be even sweeter. 



Love,
Dianne

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! great job amy!!! so proud of you and its going to look great at church!!! thanks for all your time!

    ReplyDelete